cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Getting to Version 3.0

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Getting to Version 3.0
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:44:53 -0400

On Wed, 2006-17-05 at 14:01 -0700, Mia Garlick wrote:
Attached is an outline for why and how CC proposes to version to
3.0.  As you can see, there are several reasons to version to 3.0 but
unfortunately, one-way compatibility with the FDL will not be in the
grab-bag of 3.0 goodies - we're hoping to achieve that another way.
I plan to send out the suggested draft of the version 3.0 changes in
about two weeks so I guess the discussions will commence in earnest
then but please let me know if you have any comments on the proposed
process.
Mia,

I think the proposed process sounds great. I'll try to make sure that the Debian CC Workgroup's feedback comes in quickly.

~Evan

Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
http://evan.prodromou.name/