cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Getting to Version 3.0

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org (Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>), "Cc-Icommons@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <Cc-icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: cci AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Getting to Version 3.0
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:01:54 -0700

Hey all,

Attached is an outline for why and how CC proposes to version to 3.0. As you can see, there are several reasons to version to 3.0 but unfortunately, one-way compatibility with the FDL will not be in the grab-bag of 3.0 goodies - we're hoping to achieve that another way. I plan to send out the suggested draft of the version 3.0 changes in about two weeks so I guess the discussions will commence in earnest then but please let me know if you have any comments on the proposed process.

More soon.
Rgds,

Mia