cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Extending CC License

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: hancock AT anansispaceworks.com, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Extending CC License
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:38:10 -0500 (EST)

> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 02:05 pm, Brian Erdelyi wrote:
>> As you pointed out, I am trying to *document* or
>> *describe* existing end user license agreements

I don't think CC is the place for this.
CC is about giving creators licenses
to give away some rights to their work.

EULA's are, well, evil. You buy something
off a shelf in a store, you should not be
saddled with additional restrictions that
circumvent the law. I can just imagine
GM selling cars and requiring people sign
an EULA that says "you agree to finish
installing the required safety equipment
on this car. You agree to take this car
to only GM certified mechanics. You agree
not to do your own maintenance. You agree
not to sue GM if you are injured while
driving this car. etc. etc."

evil. evil. evil.