cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Extending CC License

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Extending CC License
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:42:50 -0500

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 05:38 pm, Greg London wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 March 2006 02:05 pm, Brian Erdelyi wrote:
> >> As you pointed out, I am trying to *document* or
> >> *describe* existing end user license agreements
>
> I don't think CC is the place for this.
> CC is about giving creators licenses
> to give away some rights to their work.
>
> EULA's are, well, evil. You buy something
> off a shelf in a store, you should not be
> saddled with additional restrictions that
> circumvent the law. I can just imagine
> GM selling cars and requiring people sign
> an EULA that says "you agree to finish
> installing the required safety equipment
> on this car. You agree to take this car
> to only GM certified mechanics. You agree
> not to do your own maintenance. You agree
> not to sue GM if you are injured while
> driving this car. etc. etc."
>
> evil. evil. evil.

It's gonna come. As soon as they put enough software in the car in such a way
that you copy it from rom to ram everytime you start the car and figure
enough people have accepted the idea that EULAs are ok, bam sookie.

I mean why not? Look at what they are pulling with ink jet printers and ink
cartridges.

They being a generic they in all of this.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145