cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jaroslaw Lipszyc <jl AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:12:07 +0100

Adam Fields wrote:

But I did want to comment on this. What about a license that allows
free NC uses, but also prevents the copyright holder from commercial
use as well?

This is non-sense. Nobody benefits from it, and result is less freedom for everybody. What Greg says is, that we are really bad in making works free and creating sharing community ("gift ecenomy" means exactly that). THere are licenses which are very good in both. And - as i understand this - we should actively promote those licenses because now we are not doing it and results are far from perfect. It's that easy.
greets
Jaroslaw Lipszyc