cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Stallman On CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <alexandre.dulaunoy AT ael.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Stallman On CC
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:10:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 rob AT robmyers.org wrote:

> RMS on the CC licenses (about halfway down the page):
>
> http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771
>
> It's a measured response. Note that CC *do* give details of how many works
> use
> each of their licenses.
>
> I disagree about the sampling license, though. In many ways it is CC's best
> license, as it is the only one which genuinely reflects a particular
> creative
> group's "social contract" (samplers) the same way the GPL does for hackers.

"You may not use this work to advertise for or promote anything but
the work you create from it."

It's still a NC-like license... so not free by default. So not like
the GPL ;-)

> And it's not in the interview, but the FSF license pages now recommend the
> Free
> Art License for art. Which I think is a bad idea. Art needs access to, and
> be accessed by, broader culture.

Free Art License is a free license and there is no restriction like NC
or ND. Broader access is permitted with the Free Art License... than
the restrictive CCs.

Just my IMHO,

have a nice day,

adulau

--
** Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) **** http://www.foo.be/ **** 0x44E6CBCD
**/ "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral