cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Stallman On CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: rob AT robmyers.org
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Stallman On CC
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:37:30 +0000

RMS on the CC licenses (about halfway down the page):

http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771

It's a measured response. Note that CC *do* give details of how many works use
each of their licenses.

I disagree about the sampling license, though. In many ways it is CC's best
license, as it is the only one which genuinely reflects a particular creative
group's "social contract" (samplers) the same way the GPL does for hackers.

And it's not in the interview, but the FSF license pages now recommend the
Free
Art License for art. Which I think is a bad idea. Art needs access to, and to
be accessed by, broader culture.

Incidentally, I emailed RMS about the FDL backdoor. He seemed quite keen on
the
idea. I'm considering investing in a lance and a

- Rob.