cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] My feelings on GFDL compatibility

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] My feelings on GFDL compatibility
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:22:00 +0000

Rob Myers wrote:
So FDL compatibility would have to be a CO module. Which is the same as dual-licensing apart from affective derivatives until they are given to the FDL.

A new module may be the best we can get :-(

I am just not comfortable with my BY-SA work having invariant sections added on top. It is not what I intended when I made it BY-SA.

This is a difficult question. You saw that I started out strongly in favour. But as I've heard arguments and investigated the GFDL, I've changed my mind and become opposed. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind agian :) But right this minute I feel fairly strongly against.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org