cc-licenses - Re: Share-revenues as an alternative to Non-commercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <alexandre.dulaunoy AT ael.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Share-revenues as an alternative to Non-commercial
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:37:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 May 2005, David Christie wrote:

> I've been lurking on this list for a while and reading the archives. This is
> my first post. I'm primarily interested in innovative open-source software
> licenses.
>
> Has anyone here been involved in discussions of an alternative to the CC
> Non-commercial license, analogous to the way Share-alike is an alternative
> to No-derivatives?
>
> I'm thinking of something like "Share-revenues", designed to (a) grant
> commercial rights, but (b) oblige commercial users to share part of their
> revenue with the copyright holder.

Just for clarification is not at all open source (following OSI) or
free software license (4 freedoms defined by the FSF) when you make
restriction on commercial/with-revenue or alike. When using NC, tt's
just another way to Ãmake proprietary licensing.

--
** Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) **** http://www.foo.be/ **** 0x44E6CBCD
**/ "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral