cc-licenses - Re: CC licenses and "moral rights"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC licenses and "moral rights"
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:08:29 +0200

Branko Collin skrev:

I am sorry, but if you cannot and will not name a single law or case to back you up, I cannot take you seriously.

:-) OK...

The proper English term is "adhesion contracts".

Some US sources:

http://www.goapply.com/tools/lifeInsuranceGlossary.cfm?SearchByTerm=Adhesion%2C%20Contracts%20of&IsPopup=1

http://dictionary.law.com/definition2.asp?selected=2325&bold=%7C%7C%7C%7C

http://members.cox.net/terracereform/AdhesionContracts.htm

http://www.reevesjournal.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,3815,82521,00.html

Swedish laws that relate to adhesion contracts:
(The translation of the name of the laws to English is done by me)

* Lag om avtal och andra rättshandlingar på förmögenhetsrättens område (SFS 1915:218) "Act on contracts and other deeds"
* Lag om avtalsvillkor i konsumentförhållanden (SFS 1994:512) "Act on provisions in contacts where one party is a consumer"
* Lag om avtalsvillkor mellan näringsidkare (SFS 1984:292) "Act on provisions in contacts between commercial parties"

Both SFS 1994:512 and 1984:292 are based on EU directives, hence you will find similar rules in the Netherlands. If you would search for dutch laws related to "contracts of adhesion" you will probably find the dutch laws who deal with adhesion contracts.

/Peter Brink