cc-licenses - Re: Books about clocks and Clock-Itself

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Books about clocks and Clock-Itself
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:54:53 -0500

On Saturday 19 March 2005 06:32 pm, Greg London wrote:
> drew Roberts said:
> > Now, say you buy a book of boat plans
>
> I believe copyright has some specific law added to it
> that allows boat hull designs to be treated differently.

It might. I will do some more searching today if I get the time. It is a full
day though.

I like to know what is. But somehow all these different treatments for things
which are creations of someone's intellect kind of muddy the "moral"
arguments that "intellectual property" proponents tend to put forth.

Please note, when I speak of "intellectual property" proponents, I do not
speak of those who support copyrights, patents, trademarks, and the like. I
speak of those who push they idea that these things are property and should
fall in line with traditional property law. I don't buy that line.

Going back to the above:

I like to know what is.
I like to dischuss what should be. (This is tough.)
I like to discuss how we get from what is to what should be. (This is tougher
still.)