cc-licenses - Re: film-screening with a film using a cc-licensed-noncommercial music

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam AT codegnome.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: film-screening with a film using a cc-licensed-noncommercial music
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:32:03 -0800

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:08:17AM +0100, Stefan Schulz wrote:

> But: When I submit it to a screening for a festival or something like
> that, I'm sure, the people there will take a charge for entrance, in
> this case, is my use of the work legal? (I guess, it is...)

Well, this is pretty much a grey area where a lawyer would be helpful.
IMHO, it gets down to "primary intent," and there is probably some
relevant case law in your country which may apply.

In general, my guess is that they can't charge to see your movie, but if
your movie happens to be screened somewhere where people are being
charged $5 to park their cars, so what?

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/