cc-licenses - film-screening with a film using a cc-licensed-noncommercial music

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Stefan Schulz <mail AT stefanschulz.info>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: film-screening with a film using a cc-licensed-noncommercial music
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:08:17 +0100

Hi there!

I have kinda real specific question.

When I'm a film maker using music published under the creative commons
licence with noncommercial option, I can make no money with it. Ok.
Thats just fine.

But: When I submit it to a screening for a festival or something like
that, I'm sure, the people there will take a charge for entrance, in
this case, is my use of the work legal? (I guess, it is...)

And when the festival makers will charge me with a small amount of
money for showing this film there? (I guess, it is not than...)

I hope, someone could answer this question. :)

Greetings from germany,

Stefan