cc-licenses - Re: licence without original author credit

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: licence without original author credit
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:08:16 -0500

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 11:50 am, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> While I myself see no personal value in a non-BY license (why not make
> it PD, then?), I think enough people have raised the issue that CC needs
> to look at how the deed can better communicate to the content producers
> how they can disclaim attribution.

Well, we have BY-SA. Personally, I would like to see SA and NOBY-SA as well.
Where SA would mean attribution is no necessary and where NOBY-SA would mean
attribution forbidden.

I think we should consider a general policy that does not ignore things just
because we see no personal value in them. People have various reasons for
wanting certain things, some of which they are happy to disclose, some of
which they may not want to disclose.

I would be interested in any ideas people have as to an inexpensive way to
retain the copyright to a work while hiding your identity.