cc-licenses - Re: licence without original author credit

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gottfried Hofmann <toddd AT mypse.goracer.de>
  • To: Glenn Otis Brown <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: licence without original author credit
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:45:01 +0100

are you all worried about hypotheticals here, or real life cases?

Well, CC is also worried about hypotheticals - the hypothesis that non-attribution licenses make everything too complicated (while having to waive attribution manually of course doesn't *g*).

Can you point me to them, along with some evidence that that's why they're not updated. I can be persuaded by evidence.

Hmmm - I guess evidence means that the content must have been created LONG after the CC 2.0 release. Well, there are two sites I regularly visit where that applies (both german):

http://www.pro-linux.de/edit/dez2004.html
http://antipop.mypse.de/band/audio.html

See extensive discussion of this in our blog archives -- you're late to the party.

Yeah - and I only came because of the attribution wars...