cc-licenses - Dual-licensing under the GNU Free Documentation License and Creative Commons *-ShareAlike-*

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: wiki_tomos <wiki_tomos AT inter7.jp>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Dual-licensing under the GNU Free Documentation License and Creative Commons *-ShareAlike-*
  • Date: 21 Dec 2004 08:47:22 +0900

Sorry about my serial posting..

After thinking about this meta-license idea that I proposed in the previous
email, I believe that matters could become much simpler if the CCPL and
GFDL included some clause indicating that the licensee may use the licensed
work only under this license. However, in case of a work under simultaneous
multiple licenses, this clause do not preclude licensee from following the
requirements of multiple licenses and keep the work under multiple
licenses.

With that kind of clause, it seems dual licensed work could be used and
released under the same dual license.

Regards,

Tomos