cc-licenses - Re: Copyright of derivative work released under a CC licence

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Raffaello Tesi <lello AT ee.oulu.fi>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Copyright of derivative work released under a CC licence
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:30:14 +0200

Branko Collin wrote:

If I were you, I would say something like:

"Copyright 2004 Raffaello Tesi, based on original work copyright 2004
by Neil Turner."

"Please send any questions or comments about this template to Raffaelo Tesi."

Yes, that sounds to me reasonable. As for the definition of original or
derivative work, stated that I have no problem in considering it just
derivative, the question is: does the above statement hold in case of
derivative work? And if the answer is yes, am I allowed to release my
work under a CC licence (also taking into account that the original
author agrees with that)?

Raffaello