cc-licenses - (no subject)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Christiane Asschenfeldt <christiane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:36:57 +0000

From: Ignasi Labastida i Juan <ilabastida AT ub.edu>
Date: 11. November 2004 12:20:55 GMT+00:00
To: cc-icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Cc-icommons] Question about libraries

Hello,

We are working with some librarians from Universities and we have many open questions about CC.
licenses. Question about rights and libraries:

If a library downloads music with a CC license, could it let that sample as an item of the library? What about a text? Could it print it?
And if the license is with the noncomercial label, what about a library where the users have to pay for use?

I would like to know the situation in other countries.

Regards,

Ignasi