cc-licenses - Question about attribution

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Question about attribution
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:22:48 -0500

On this page it says that, with the 2.0 licenses, a licensor may require a link back where possible:

...yet I don't see that option when I try to set up a license. Am I reading things correctly or doing something wrong?

[ Personally, I'd like to be able to define attribution even more strictly, requiring that the link and attribution appear at the top of article. (Because on several occasions, people have copied text from my site, broken it down into multiple pages and then placed the attribution at the very end of the article, giving the impression -- for the majority of people who never make it to the end -- that the article was by the other website/blogger.) ]

thanks in advance,
carrie

--
Carrie McLaren