cc-licenses - Re: License Options for CD-based content

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: License Options for CD-based content
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:30:07 -0500

Let me clarify a couple of things... first, sorry for my horrific spelling on
the first post.

Second, the content of the CD is original, and it is fully expected that the
customer of this CD will want to make derivitive works from the material on
the CD. It will have a lot of original artwork in JPEG format, and will be
marketed to those who need 'stock' content for games, posters, websites,
presentations, etc. In some cases, the material on the CD will not be altered
but simply integrated into another work... example: a texture image of bricks
on the CD may remain unchanged, but the actual image is used to make a
walkway in a video game the customer is making. Obviously, that is fine with
the owner of the CD, and they wouldn't even need 'attribution.' They simply
don't want the images on the CD circulated on a for-profit basis. Would the
CC Sampling or Sampling Plus licenses be possible solutions?

Thanks!

MLF