cc-licenses - license both the composition and the recording

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Chris Morris <chrismo AT clabs.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: license both the composition and the recording
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:05:32 -0600

Glenn says, "be sure to license both the composition and the recording, if you're able to, so that your fans know they can make the most of both aspects of your stuff without legal woes."

I'd used the Open Audio License 1.0 for quite a while before Creative Commons, and it was my understanding that this license automatically covered the composition and recording. OAL 2.0 is now a CC license -- so is there a way to license just one or the other (composition and recording)?

--
Chris
http://clabs.org

  • license both the composition and the recording, Chris Morris, 11/16/2004