cc-licenses - License Options for CD-based content

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: License Options for CD-based content
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:13:33 -0500

Hi,

I need some opinions and info, please. I have a couple of associates that are
setting up a content-based company. They want to sell CDs with various forms
of content on them, such as images, flash animations, etc. They will be
charging for this content CDs. The content needs to be licensed, and I wanted
to see if you guys could suggest a possible CC license. One of the main
issues they will have is that they don't want the content (or entire CD)
copied verbatim and distributed by anyone.

Would a sampling license make sense? Is something that is covered under one
of the 3 sampling lciesnes normally be a commercial, 'non-free' product? Or
should I suggest maybe coming up with their own license?

Thanks,

MLF