cc-licenses - General-purpose blogs with occasional specialty posts

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Garrett Fitzgerald" <garrett AT donnael.com>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: General-purpose blogs with occasional specialty posts
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:51:03 -0800

I like the idea of putting my content under attribution-noncommercial.
However, I'm a slightly-well-known Visual FoxPro developer, and occasionally
I post sample code to my blog. Now, if I leave this attrib-noncommercial,
people might be discouraged from using my code samples.

Basically, I'd like to be able to say "Don't pass this off as your own
sample to other people, and don't try to charge other people for using it.
However, if you like the ideas in it, go ahead and use them, and don't worry
about it. If you want to leave a comment in the code that I wrote it, that's
good. If not, oh well."

Do you see this sort of statement being covered by CC?