cc-licenses - Re: Can't find the right license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Can't find the right license
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:36:25 -0400

On Fri, 2004-29-10 at 04:54 +0200, Gottfried Hofmann wrote:

It's very laborious and lavish to meet all the excessive attribution
requirements.
A name, a title, (possibly) a copyright notice and (possibly) a license URL? Why is that lavish and laborious?
Debian legal calls this an "unreasonable restriction on
distribution and making modified versions."
I wrote that summary, and no, we don't say that. You should probably actually read it:
http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary
There are some unclear parts of the Attribution license element that need to be made more succinct, but attribution itself is not considered an unreasonable restriction on distribution or making modified versions.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou                  .O.
http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/       ..O