cc-licenses - Re: Can't find the right license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Can't find the right license
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:35:49 -0400

On Fri, 2004-29-10 at 11:43 -0400, Greg London wrote:
I just think that a gift economy project like wikipedia or similar
would commit suicide if it had Attribution requirements on its contributions.

Now you just have me confused. Are you seriously contending that the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) that Wikipedia uses has less onerous attribution requirements than the Attribution license element? Have you read it?

~ESP

Evan Prodromou                  .O.
http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/       ..O
evan AT bad.dynu.ca                OOO