cc-licenses - Re: [cc-community] URL attribution requirements

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-community] URL attribution requirements
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:58:44 -0700

Greg London wrote:
http://www.greglondon.com/dummy/NandB.html
http://www.greglondon.com/nc/

Mike, so, I wasn't sure if when you said
"Your approach is definitely ok."
if you meant the whole approach outlined above
by the two links is OK, or just the question about
having the "this work licensed cc-nc" on a
separate page is definitely ok.

I just wanted to confirm that my entire approach is OK
before I go and release some stuff.

To the extent of my knowledge (which is really small, and means nothing legally) your example works with 2.0's attribution requirement.

I'll take up your offer right here:

"A Cut and a Dolt"

Tools sit upon the workbench.

Dust floats upon the air.

I picked up a hacksaw

and cut off my arm.

Copyright 2004 Mike Linksvayer
Licensed to the public under

Derived from "Nuts and Bolts"
Copyright 2004 Greg London
http://www.greglondon.com/nc

Speaking of cutting off limbs, I'd really appreciate if someone could identify the poem from which this excerpt is taken:

Molly lived in a house of molasses
The walls kept oozing in
Making it difficult to breathe
One day while shaving her legs
Molly cut off her foot and bled to death
People miss Molly
But most are glad to be rid of her

There are some other verses concerning trying to do everything, swallowing frogs and stuff, none of which I have memorized.

I've posted the thing before, but I don't recall where and Google doesn't seem to know about it. Someday someone will stumble over this archive looking for the same thing.

Back to "As the License Turns"...

--
Mike Linksvayer