cc-licenses - Re: Which license? Request for assistance/clarification..

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Which license? Request for assistance/clarification..
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:27:31 -0700

Deunan Knute wrote:
What concern's me is the clause 'Any of these conditions can be waived if you
get permission from the copyright holder'. Can I specify to my uploaders that
by uploading, they gave permission to us, the webportal people the right to
use
their works in these two areas..

Yes. You can require that uploaders grant you specific rights separate from the rights granted to the public with a CC license, regardless of which CC license(s) uploaders are using.

Some sites handle this sort of thing in a user agreement. I don't know if that's the best approach (I don't know anything really, not being a lawyer).

--
Mike Linksvayer