cc-licenses - Re: NonCommercial and recovering costs

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Andrea Glorioso <sama AT miu-ft.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: NonCommercial and recovering costs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:25:30 +0200

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:24:25AM +0200, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>> What about the INDUCE act ?

> It's not a law, it's a legislative proposal. Make sure your
> representatives know that they'll lose your vote next election
> if they support it.

I'm not a US citizen so I don't have much to say about it - but I'll
try to make my (and other fellow citizens) voice heard if the INDUCE
act will be proposed in Europe or in Italy. We have the strange
tendency to take every silly law that comes from the US and make our
local version of it (in some cases, like the DMCA->EUCD, that came
directly from WIPO obligations).

Let's hope INDUCE doesn't become a US law at all.

Bye,

--
Andrea Glorioso sama AT miu-ft.org +39 333 820 5723
.:: Media Innovation Unit - Firenze Tecnologia ::.