cc-licenses - NonCommercial and recovering costs

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: NonCommercial and recovering costs
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:45:21 -0400

So, I'm wondering about making print-out versions of NonCommercial works
for personal use.

For example, I'd like to print out a copy of Cory Doctorow's
_Eastern_Standard_Tribe_ to read. I don't have a printer at home, and
I'd really rather read it in a book format rather than as a bunch of
8-1/2x11 pages.

My question: is it OK for me to go to an Internet cafe and print it out
(paying a per-page fee)? Is it OK for me to take the PDF to a printer
and have them print it out, for a fee?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>