cc-licenses - 2.0 timetable (was Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Frank_Bridges AT ncsu.edu
  • Subject: 2.0 timetable (was Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:31:04 -0400

FB> Is there a projected development timetable anywhere?

Not that I know of. The public review period for the 2.0 licenses
began in late January 2004 and ended Feb 15 or so.

I believe that the tools for choosing a 2.0 license are in place or
will soon be in place; see this post by Mike Linksvayer:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-metadata/2004-March/000333.html

I think there's one or two blog entries that mention the versioning of
the licenses, but I can't find them at the moment. Maybe you'll have
better luck:

http://creativecommons.org/weblog/

If I was going to make a prognostication, I'd say sometime before the
end of summer. Don't hold CC to that, though: that's just my outsider
opinion.

FB> to be able to replace our aging "open content" license ( see
FB> http://courses.soil.ncsu.edu/openc_license/ ) with a CC
FB> license but I am certain that the indemnification section
FB> would never fly.

Well, that is one of the cooler things I've seen in a while. What a
great project! You may also be interested in the Science Commons
project:

http://creativecommons.org/projects/science/

...and the Education Licenses project: