cc-licenses - Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Frank_Bridges AT ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:18:51 -0700

Frank Bridges wrote:
Is there a projected development timetable anywhere? I hoping to be able to replace our aging "open content" license ( see http://courses.soil.ncsu.edu/openc_license/ ) with a CC license but I am certain that the indemnification section would never fly.

There isn't a timetable. Versioning isn't intended to be a regular thing. The other 2.0 licenses should be released RSN. Tiny issues keep pushing it back. This is not a bad thing. See "versioning isn't intended to be a regular thing."

--
Mike Linksvayer