cc-licenses - Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Frank Bridges <Frank_Bridges AT ncsu.edu>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Warranty, Representation, Indemnification
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:00:14 -0400

Evan Prodromou wrote:

"FB" == Frank Bridges <Frank_Bridges AT ncsu.edu> writes:

Me> Well, I think it's a moot point now. The 2.0 licenses are
Me> (half) out, and they not only don't have a representation, but
Me> explicitly disclaim any such representation.

FB> I am not a regular list reader so would someone please cc me
FB> any reply to this message. I have looked over the website but
FB> cannot find the referenced 2.0 licenses with the warranty
FB> disclaimor.

Sorry about that. As far as I know, the suite of 2.0 licenses have not
actually been released.

Is there a projected development timetable anywhere? I hoping to be able to replace our aging "open content" license ( see http://courses.soil.ncsu.edu/openc_license/ ) with a CC license but I am certain that the indemnification section would never fly.

-Frank