cc-it - [Cc-it] Re: [Copywhat] Re: [eucd] [NEWS] Nascita del Digital Media Project (DMP)

cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussione delle licenze Creative Commons

  • From: Peter Mogensen <apm AT mutex.dk>
  • To: Implementation of EU Copyright Directive <eucd AT mikrolisten.de>
  • Cc: "italy AT fsfeurope.org" <italy AT fsfeurope.org>, Creative Commons Italia <cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "copywhat AT lists.perchetopi.org" <copywhat AT lists.perchetopi.org>, "softwarelibero AT softwarelibero.it" <softwarelibero AT softwarelibero.it>
  • Subject: [Cc-it] Re: [Copywhat] Re: [eucd] [NEWS] Nascita del Digital Media Project (DMP)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:02:26 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
> Your scenario is quite possible, but I'm not particularly interested
> in it. I mean, every day I see political decisions being taken with a
> foggy reference to not-well-specified "experts", "analysts" or
> whatever. We can't avoid the DMP or any other group refer to some
> unspecified "consumer group".

My impression - when I read the DMP manifesto - was that these guys ( at
least on paper) had all the good intentions, but that they totally ignored
the posibility that it could be technically impossible to produce a system
which fulfilled all their requirements and that they had formulated their
priorities in such a way that this in the end had to result in either wide
spread "trusted computing" or super-DMCA-laws ... or both.

Therefore - if Chariglione is as you say, then I have absolutely no
confidence in his project.

Peter Mogensen
DFD