cc-india - Re: [CC-India] Does anybody of any Indian authors who use CC exclusively ?

cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC-India Discussion List

  • From: Venkatesh Hariharan <venkyh AT gmail.com>
  • To: Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind AT gmail.com>, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Balasankar C <balasankarc AT autistici.org>, cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-india <cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-India] Does anybody of any Indian authors who use CC exclusively ?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 05:42:10 +0000

Pratham Books are under CC licence

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 5:55 AM Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind AT gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 AT gmail.com> wrote:
at bottom :-

On 10/10/2015, Balasankar C <balasankarc AT autistici.org> wrote:
> I know about 3 Malayalam authors who released their book under CC-BY-SA
> (All three available in Malayalam Wikisource)
>
> 1. J Devika (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Devika ). Book -
> Kulasthreeyum Chanthappennum Undaayathengine

J. Devika Licensed her new book also under CC-BY-SA-4.0 , as promised on Swathanthra Malayalam Computing's anniversary function.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Samakaalika_India.pdf
It is Malayalam Translation of Satish Deshpande's 'Contemporary India : A Sociological View'. Translation: J. Devika
I am now in the process of converting the text to Malayalam Wikisource .

I helped her in licensing both books. She is willing to adopt similar CC Licensing pattern for her upcoming malayalam Knowldge literature publications.

> 2. K Venu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Venu_%28Kerala%29 ). Book -
> Prapanchavum Manushyanum
>
> 3. K Pappootty. Book - Jyothishavum Jyothishasthravum

Thank you Bala, looking for more, I had a suspicion that people in the
south would do, but looking for some who might be in Maharashtra or
hereabouts, because southern authors would be known by and large by
people from the south or those who read Malayalam literature whereas
if we know/have more would be good.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल