cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC mixtape

  • From: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • To: Gwen Franck <gwen AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Yannick H'Madoun <info AT creativecommons.be>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC mixtape
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 17:50:53 +0100

Hey everyone,

Would be a fun thing to do again. I'm trying to remember the selection process from last time, I believe we had two songs from each country? And then each country had a different selection process to find these two songs (I remember in Denmark we put out an open call).
Teresa, I remember in the end you put a lot of work into putting it all together?

Time is a little short, but I guess it could be done. Maybe not with open calls (that seems a bit late), but instead with curation from the CC-team? (for instance pick up tracks from Jamendo - we could aim for a global tape that way, not just CC-Europe). However that would probably require a team effort I think...

In any case, I'm happy to put together some cover artwork again this year :)

-Christian

-v