cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Action wanted: DOs and DON'Ts for our talks with GESAC

  • From: Melanie Dulong de Rosnay <melanie.ddr AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Action wanted: DOs and DON'Ts for our talks with GESAC
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:24:10 +0100

Dear John and all,

Good news.
I recommend to not accept a definition of NC which is not the one of
the licences.
Besides incompatibilities, if the scope slides towards public/private
distinction, it can lead to exclude legitimate usages by key
communities (with the Sacem pilot, public libraries, public radios,
became out of the scope of what they consider NC).
I wish you good luck to also get compatibility with non-NC licences.
It could also be nice and useful to submit possible
definitions/pilots/terms proposed to negotiation to the CCi list too
even if they are not Europeans.

Best,
Melanie