cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EU is asking questions, will CC Europe answer?

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: John Hendrik Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: CC Europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EU is asking questions, will CC Europe answer?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:14:09 +0100
On 30 Dec 2013, at 14:50, John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> of course we can build upon the answers that are being prepared by the
> groups/orgs you mention, and maybe we'll have to in the end, but
> pre-prepared answers are rarely ever actually edited and for new answers
> it's sometimes even easier to start blank. As a group of 35+ projects
> there's at least a chance that we come up with something that adds to what
> the other replies are (or is a remix ;-) and doesn't just copy.

sure, would love to see this happening. here is the document that we are
currently working on (with the link you have read only access):
https://docs.google.com/a/kl.nl/document/d/17z4IYVM7a0RpxcH-MoKWTaxJCxtncm9K0ZTzuyQQ3oo/edit#heading=h.g5rmpxs4la

> It would be cool if, for example, someone would step forward b/c they are
> in a country where the territoriality problems (questions 1-5 and 9) are
> most severe.

that would certainly be helpful. with regards to the territoriality question
i would urge anyone interested in dealing with these questions to take a look
at the third proposal Hugenholtz and Hargreaves make in this paper (on page
10-11): http://www.lisboncouncil.net//index.php?option=com_downloads&id=847

> Or someone who's competent around GLAM (questions 28-39)

see the document above.

> or who has ideas regarding UGC (questions from 58). Also, there's probably
> plenty to say about question 80 ("What other issues are there"), for
> there's surely quite a lot missing in that questionnaire.

communia recommendations 4, 6 and 7 come to mind. generally the communia
policy recommendations
(http://www.communia-association.org/recommendations-2/) probably provide a
good starting point for answering most of this. see also here:
http://www.communia-association.org/2013/12/11/commission-announces-public-consultation-on-the-review-of-eu-copyright-rules/

best, Paul
--
Kennisland | www.kennisland.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31641374687