cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EU is asking questions, will CC Europe answer?

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: John Hendrik Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: CC Europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EU is asking questions, will CC Europe answer?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:41:55 +0100

Hi John and all,
there is actually more to the C4C initiative that just that github form. C4C
is currently in the process of preparing answering guides for the
consultation. as part of that multiple organisations are preparing high level
answers to the questions in the consultation. I know that at least 2 CC
affiliates are involved in this (Kennisland and Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt:
Polska). We are currently working on the questions related to cultural
heritage institutions and Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska on the questions
related to education/teaching. In addition Communia (including Timothy) is
working on the questions related to term duration and registration.

given this it might be a good idea that we wait until C4C has compiled the
high level answers (that should be the case around the 10th of january) and
then use those as a basis for a CC europe reply (maybe do a joint editing
session to adopt them to a CC answer?). i would assume that this will save
all us some time an effort.

But if you would rather undertake our own effort than i am happy to share our
answers with this list…
cheers, paul