cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: "Yannick H'Madoun" <yannick.hmadoun AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Elliot Harmon <elliot AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:06:01 +0100

Hi all,

Am 12.12.2012 10:20, schrieb Yannick H'Madoun:
All the uploads are done, now it's time to start the promotion! Here's a
blog text you can use:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JvK9oofylvaqApHxs0Mixswl9U7NWJev_WXLLXojjU/edit

regarding Soundcloud, I went through the Set and brushed it up a little ...

- disabled download links for those that use bandcamp's "name your price"
- added buy links if applicable
- added other metadata (label, release date)
- clarified title vs artist
- added album title

What I find problematic: The CMS of Soundcloud tells you "[Title] by CC Europe is licensed under [CC license]", which is misleading since CC Europe is not licensing anything here.

But hey, hopefully we'll get no complaints ...

It has all the links to the different hosts inlcuded
I'll announce the Mixtape around noon for The Netherlands and Belgium,
but you can go ahead and start already if you can't wait any longer :)

Although Jonas regards the site as dead ;) I have put it on the front page at http://europe.creativecommons.org/

will blog about it later via CC DE and netzpolitik.org

Best
John