cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Proposal: Regional meeting at OKFestival with a focus on community

  • From: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • To: melanie dulong <melanie.ddr AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Proposal: Regional meeting at OKFestival with a focus on community
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:04:56 +0200

Really good initiative, I would surely be interested in taking part.

-Christian
CC Denmark

www.creativecommons.dk

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM, melanie dulong <melanie.ddr AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jonas,

2012/5/15 Jonas Öberg <jonas AT creativecommons.org>:
> Dear all,
>
> As you are likely aware, OKFestival takes place in Helsinki the 17-22 Sept
> 2012. We've been thinking about organising a regional meeting in connection
> to OKFestival with a focus on the CC community, with participation of
> Jessica Coates and perhaps others from CC HQ. The objective of the meeting
> would be to gather CC Europe affiliates (and other affiliates if they are
> there) around a session on how CC engages with its community, lessons
> learned from the participating jurisdictions, and thoughts on how to improve
> our work in the future. As the meeting would take place towards the end of
> the year, it would also deal with goals, objectives and strategies for 2013,
> that will feed into the overall strategy of CC.
>

> In order to gauge the interest, we'd like to hear from you (a) if you have
> an interest in a community and strategy meeting at OKFestival,

yes

 (b) how the
> dates work (a meeting is likely to be the day before or after the OKFestival
> program),

 it is already too much to stay an entire week for me, it is not so
convenient to extend the stay the day before the start or after +
there is IASC conference just before in Louvain

 and (c) where you have any objections to doing this meeting at the
> same time as the OKFestival?

it would make more sense at least for me to do the meeting during the
festival, and also to wait for the definitive programme of the
festival to choose our CC meeting date, as there might be hacking days
(won't come) and conference days (will come these days)
also, there may be CC extra-european people attending the festival, so
it might be a good idea to extend the invitation to cc-affiliates
list.

thanks for the lovely idea and best wishes!
melanie