cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI

  • From: Timothy Vollmer <tvol AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org, regional AT creativecommons.org, Catherine Casserly <cathy AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:03:12 -0700

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl> wrote:
Dear Timothy,

I find the rules you propose below as very useful and I'm happy that they do leave both individual leads and affiliate institutions space for some forms of policy work. And I'm happy that the HQ acknowledges that affiliate institutions are often in a different position to the HQ with regard to policy work.

Could you please clarify, whom we should contact with regard to points 1) and 2).

Hi Alek:

For 1) and 2) please copy all three below:

Regional Project Manager:  jonas AT creativecommons.org
Affiliate Network Coordinator: jessica AT creativecommons.org
Policy Manager: tvol AT creativecommons.org

For example, my center has now prepared with the other Polish affiliate institution a proposal for a Polish copyright reform. We did pay care to clearly marking that it goes beyond our mandate as a CC affiliate.

And I could only wish we had started this discussion on the main affiliates list, as it's a really important, and interesting one.

Agreed with this. We'll post an abridged version on the full affiliates list.

Regards,

tvol

Best,

Alek

PS. I agree with Teresa on "no standpoint is a standpoint", but that's a broader and difficult matter on institutional policy, maybe we can discuss it at regional meetings, as it deserves a direct conversation...