cc-europe - [Cc-europe] MoC draft V0.7, two weeks for review

  • From: Maja Lubarda <maja.lubarda AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] MoC draft V0.7, two weeks for review
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:24:36 +0200

Dear all,

first of all, I apologize for the delay - due to technical problems I am sending this today instead of yesterday.

Here is the opinion of the CC Slovenia:

*1) Regarding the legal entity discussion* -- in London we agreed with this formulation exactly because ppl were against forming a legal entity at this point. There were (and still are) several objections to it, therefore, we decided to only prepare the grounds in case we ever wish to form a legal entity in the future. At the moment we agreed (and this is how we understand the MoC) that we will NOT be forming a legal entity but simply a network, a bit more formalized with the MoC. The MoC says: /this *may *entail the formation of a legal entity/.

CC Slovenia believes that this wording is unnecessary, as it is possible to be decided later to form a legal entity -- this does not need to be explicitly stated in the MoC.

At this point CC Slovenia would like to add that the formation of the legal entity may not be prerequisite for attracting funding -- Communia itself is a good proof of that. What we need is a network of partners with a spokesperson for public pressure and formal issues (which is taken care of in the MoC - see Activities - Provide a central contact point).

Still, as said above -- later on we can decide to create a legal entity, but at this point it should not be an option and we can, therefore, cut the wording on the legal entity out of the MoC.

2) *Regarding the comments we were supposed to vote upon* -- we are attaching the document with our votes and comments on Johns list of issues.

3) *Our view of the reasoning for MoC* -- we believe that the MoC is necessary for creating (or maintaining) a network with certain purposes (which will be designated in our action plan in Turin, as agreed in London). Funding is one of the purposes as the network will not work without it. The other purpose is also recognition and promotion in wider public.

Best,

Maja Lubarda

--
Our life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.