cc-europe - [Cc-europe] MoC draft V0.7, two weeks for review

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] MoC draft V0.7, two weeks for review
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 23:07:36 +0200

hi all,

please find attached the latest version of the draft for a Memorandum of
Cooperation for the future work of CC Europe. It is based on the first
draft V0.1, sent over the list on 23rd of March, with the following
contributions to result in this new version:

- changes agreed upon at the CC Europe meeting in London, 28th March
(marked in green)
- minor language corrections made by me afterwards (marked in yellow)
- input from CCi regarding some details (marked in ubuntu orange)

In order to get things going, the people attending the London meeting
decided to ask all other european CC project leads to consider the MoC
as it stands now and propose really important changes within a period of
two weeks. So, please do so until 17th of April, if you think that
something is utterly wrong or unclear in this text. We can then see how
to adress that or maybe explain things better. Pro, Peter, Paul,
Catharina, me and the others attending London are happy to answer
(almost) any question :)

After Friday in two weeks, if no substantial problems arise, I'll assume
that this version is more or less o.k. with everyone and that we can
start the signing process.

I'll then post the final version of the MoC over this list as ODT, PDF
and DOC and everyone interested can print it, sign it and send it to
CCi, who are so nice as to offer to keep track of who signed (and keep
that synchronised to official CC affiliation, which is a key
prerequisite). Hopefully we will have most european project leads aboard
by Torino in June.
(BTW: There's little need to feel obliged in any way to become member to
the MoC. If someone doesn't want to sign, they can still attend meetings
etc. but, for example, they cannot vote on representation or represent
CC Europe themselves)

Take care and see you soon,
John