cc-education - AW: [cc-education] education NC?

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: "Andreas Leiser" <andreas.leiser AT leisermathematics.com>
  • To: <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AW: [cc-education] education NC?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:12:53 +0100

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the help! So this means, that it is similar to the GPL in OS software:

- I may use for instance OS software like Bloodsheds Dev-C++ to develop any kind of software (also propriatery)
- I may not distribute the OS software Dev-C++ or extensions of it as proprietary (must be GPL, too)

Translated to cc-nc, "non-commercial" then means:

- I may use the cc-nc materials in a course (like private tuition) where I am getting tuition fees (but need to include the CC license and the author credit, for sure)
- I may not build courseware by using cc-nc materials and sell it (resp. I would need to get the premission from the authors)

Is it correct?

Andreas