cc-devel - [cc-devel] a question about a feature of Support for CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Juan José González <juanjosegzl AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] a question about a feature of Support for CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:31:28 -0700

I was thinking about this: "Bonus points for expanding the "Add from URL" feature to include support for adding media from the URL of an HTML page that contains the media and metadata. In this case the implementation should pull in the license and attribution information along with the media."

I have seen how wordpress adds media from url, only thing it does is store html code. Is not like uploaded media which is stored in database, since my solution works with media data on database I have to store media from url like uploaded media, (like a post and like postmeta).

I can store in wordpress' database or in my plugin's database (when I say store I mean data NOT copy original media to wordpress site). Then I can get license information from original file using liblicense?, I guess yes.

I'm waiting for your advice. Thank you.

PS: I'm very enthusiastic with this project =P