cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC ccPublisher

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: vishakh harikumar <vsh426 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC ccPublisher
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:38:42 -0700

Hi Visakh,

Thanks for your interest in CC GSoC (and sorry for the delayed reply).
I think getting ccPublisher updated to Python 2.6, wxPython 2.8 and
"modern" versions of the Zope dependencies would be a good starting
point. Since we did ccPublisher Zope has begun shipping eggs for
their dependencies, so using those instead of including our own would
be a good idea. The torrent idea is an interesting one and I think
it'd be a nice extension. That said, the extensibility story has never
really been fleshed out so you may run into some obstacles there.

If you have other specific questions, please don't hesitate to let us
know. Looking forward to seeing your proposal;

Nathan