cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Proposal: Drupal Creative Commons Module

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Blaise Alleyne <blaise AT alleyneinc.net>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, Kevin Reynen <kevin AT civicpixel.com>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Proposal: Drupal Creative Commons Module
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:28:10 -0400

I received an email back from Kevin Reynen, the module's maintainer and one of Denver Open Media's developers. It looks like I could help out a lot, rather than conflict with their work. I updated the project proposal to reflect this. Still waiting to hear back from Pool though.

Kevin Wrote:

Blaise,

I really wanted to do more with this, but haven't had the time.
Instead, I made some changes to the creative commons lite module
that would get us by for now...

http://drupal.org/node/397244

David Strauss from Four Kitchens was going to try to update as well,
but that didn't happen either...

http://drupal.org/node/272108

I'd really like to see something that integrates
OpenID authentication into the CC metadata. I talked to a number of
people from CC, Open Web Foundation, and other projects during SXSW
about increasing the strength of the connection between the license
and the person who licensed the content.
We tried to keep a SoC project alive when we started MERCI
(http://drupal.org/node/322204) <http://drupal.org/node/322204%29>,
but it didn't work out in large part because c.lam didn't get
much guidance in the project. Let me know what I can do to help
with this.

---

Kevin Reynen
Senior Developer