cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Proposal: Drupal Creative Commons Module

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Blaise Alleyne <blaise AT alleyneinc.net>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Proposal: Drupal Creative Commons Module
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 18:34:14 -0400

Nathan Yergler wrote:
Hi Blaise,

Thanks for the proposal.
Thanks for your feedback.
PHP bindings + Drupal support for liblicense
may indeed be a complete project in itself. In addition to Denver
Open Media, I believe that an Australian team has also recently done
their own version for the Pool project. I guess the big question here
is what DOM plans to do and how much overlap there is. Please update
your proposal when you hear from them so we have a good idea of what
they're planning to do and how your work is differentiated from it.
I've contacted someone from Denver Open Media and they've forwarded my email onto their developers. I am waiting to hear back. I also submitted a query to the Pool project to see if their work has been made available anywhere.

I suppose, if there's an overlap with updated the Creative Commons module, if Pool has already done it or DOM is about to, I could shift the proposal's focus to liblicense. If there's still development work that's needed on updating the module though, maybe liblicense would be cut from the proposal. Thoughts? I guess it really depends on what I hear back from Pool and DOM...
Thanks again for the proposal;

Nathan

--
http://alleyneinc.net/