bluesky - Re: Hi, and some comments

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: Brandon <blanu AT uts.cc.utexas.edu>
  • To: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hi, and some comments
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:48:55 -0600 (CST)

> One problem which MojoNation is running into is that people don't want to
> have to pay to publish.

I've been playing with MojoNation a lot lately and this was my first
thought of something that needs to be changed. When the success of the
network depends on its content, charging for publication is bad. On the
other hand, eliminating spam is good. So what you really want is a
situation in which you are charged to publish, but if you publish popular
content then you make a return on your investment. I remember hearing
about a tip button so that you can tip the publisher, but I haven't
actually seen this in the UI.