baslinux - Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux

  • From: keesan AT SDF.ORG
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:58:18 -0000

>> 17.07.2011 5:51, keesan AT SDF.ORG пишет:
>> >

>> > "Mplayer seems to be less fastidious
>> (demanding?) of the
>> computer and
>> > the system than VLC".
>> >
>> > "My goal is to record an IPTV-stream to a
>> file. On a more
>> recent computer
>> > (Cope2Duo, 2.4GHz, I have a program based on
>> VLC, so I wanted to try
>> > it out on an old computer, but after your
>> explanation I doubt it will
>> work."
>>
>> > My reply: Is your hard drive even big
>> enough to record a video
>> stream?
>> > A 100Mhz computer has no USB port to use
>> with external drive.
>> Нет у него
>> usb-порта . Но у
>> меня есть
>> диск на 40 гб ,
>> правда не
>> проверял
>> как потянет
>> он или нет .

Translation: It has no USB port. But I have a
40GB did, however I did not test whether it
"pulls"?

>> computer and use 'top'
>> to calculate
>> process. If it
>> uses 10% or
>> the video chip is
>> fast enough

>> > "Visually the processor load seems to be
>> more than 10%, so
>> 100MHz will
>> > probably turn out to be much too slow."
>> >

>> > "So all that is left is to try out Mplayer.
>> Thanks for the
>> explanation,
>> > Sindi".

>> radio, with an
>> mplayer compiled
>> It will work with
>> about 8MB
>> > "Impressive ;=)"

The above is from previous postings.

> Я думаю, мощности этого процессора будет
> недостаточно, чтобы писать поток IPTV в
> файл. Экспериментально проверял, что
> Pentium 1 133Mhz еле вытягивает поток с
> разрешением 640х480 - нормально 512х384. Если
> используется h264 - явно не хватит.

Translation:
I think this processor is not sufficiently
powerful to write an IPTV stream to a file. I
experimentally confirmed that a Pentium I 133MHz
barely pulls a stream at 640x480 resolution -
normally 512x384. If h264 is used it clearly is
inadequate.